Aetna offers special programs and services that focus on the unique health needs of women and that encourage more informed choices and decisions, including:
Beginning Right® Maternity Program
Expectant mothers need extra special care to give their babies a healthy start in life. The Beginning Right Maternity Program offers services and educational materials to help - from the start of your pregnancy up until your little one arrives.
- A voluntary pregnancy risk survey.
- Educational materials, available in English and Spanish, on topics like prenatal care, labor and delivery, newborn and baby care, postpartum depression and breastfeeding.
- Special information "For Dad or Partner."
- Web-based educational materials and access to certain program resources through Aetna's Women's Health page.
- Access to obstetrically trained registered nurses, who provide case management, education and depression screening to high-risk members.
The Beginning Right maternity program comes with your health benefits plan. Use it at no cost throughout your pregnancy and after your baby is born. Call 1-800-CRADLE-1 and have your Aetna ID card handy.
Click here (Beginning Right PDF) for more information.